It’s the happiest time of the year but it can also be the stinkiest.
The holidays can present odorous situations between the endless cycles of burnt roasties, dirty pets and merry guests, topped up with flatulent family members. Together with celebrity and comedian Paul O’Grady, Citizen created an integrated, end-to-end Christmas campaign designed to prove to Brits that Febreze really can eliminate the 12 Stinks of Christmas.
First, we created a parody music video, starring panto-legend Paul O’Grady to bring the life the Febreze product benefit in a witty and humorous way.
Alongside the video, Citizen commissioned research on the nation’s most unwanted odours and top annoyances at Christmas. In addition to a series of in-store assets, we drove additional campaign exposure by creating physical perfume bottles of the nation’s top three Christmas stinks like Eau de Brussels Sprouts, packaging them in Febreze’s own La Collection de Stinks.
- In terms of sales, the campaign helped deliver the best holiday season in UK history.
- Incremental display at key retailers like Sainsbury’s, Asda and Morrison’s during the period drove business growth during the holiday season for the first time in 10 years.
- 92.6 million media impressions
- 142,872 YouTube video views
- Widespread UK coverage across National, Lifestyle, Consumer and Trade press. Top hits include British Glamour, Daily Express, The Sun, Female First, The Grocer and Marketing Week.