We brought to life the BC Moments Machine – a 14-foot tall, 10-foot wide vending machine – that gave out 300+ souvenirs related to BC-travel moments along with an airfare discount inviting San Franciscans to come visit BC.
- Build a creative campaign that will drive significant online and traditional media buzz
- Engage directly with consumers in a memorable way
- Drive overnight visits to BC from the San Francisco market
What we did
- Conceptualized and built the BC Moments Machine which gave out souvenirs such as made-in-BC surfboards, kayaks and mountain bikes.
- Pre-seeded the story with bloggers and conducted wide-spread media relations throughout the Bay Area
- Filmed and released a YouTube video of the stunt to drive online buzz
- Exceeded our target of 20,000 views online by securing 100,000 views of the video
- Secured over 40+ stories with a reach of over 34 million
- Overnight entries from the U.S. experienced a 7.2 per cent increase
- Campaign won the 2013 Sabre Awards for Travel and Tourism